La Riposte

Published Works

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Importance of Eccentricities

When a fellow adopts the life piratical or has notched up a sufficient accumulation of years, it’s quite proper to adopt a few eccentricities – not doing so is, one supposes, a rather outré breach of noblesse oblige, and one is further obliged to note that merely rambling on in the third person is probably not enough to satisfy the expectations of polite society.

Thus, I am resolved, for the nonce, to pay my accounts in gold coins, which those clever souls at the US Mint have decided to stamp out in mass quantities, and to increase my consumption of dark rums…

A small start, I reckon, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Before you know it, I’ll be spouting witty aphorisms a’la Captain Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment